If you’re one of the millions of women who have invested in extensions, then you know how important it is to take care of them. But with all the different products and techniques out there, it can be tricky to know what’s best for your extensions. Here’s a quick guide to help you keep your extensions looking their best.
To begin with, one should clarify what hair extensions mean.
What are Extensions?
A hair extension that uses tiny, threaded beads, braids, tape or infusions to attach these extensions to natural hair. They can be made from various materials, including plastic, glass, or metal and it is important to choose high quality salons that use high quality hair. Long hair extensions are very popular because they are easy to install and can be worn for short or long periods. They can also be used to add length, volume, or color to natural hair.
How to take care of your extensions.
If you’re one of the many women enjoying the benefits of NBR extensions, you’ll want to make sure that you take care of them properly. Proper care will extend the life of your extensions, but it will also keep them looking their best. Here are some tips on how to take care of your NBR extensions:
How to shampoo and condition your extensions.
It’s important to be gentle when shampooing and conditioning your hair extensions. Use a sulphate-free shampoo and conditioner to avoid stripping the natural oils from your hair and extensions.
After wetting your hair:
1. Apply a small amount of shampoo to your hands and massage it into your scalp.
2. Avoid rubbing the strands too harshly, as this can cause them to tangle.
3. Once you’ve shampooed your scalp, rinse the suds out thoroughly.
To condition your NBR extensions:
1. Apply a small amount of conditioner to your hands and massage it into your hair, starting at the ends and working your way up to the roots.
2. Avoid getting the conditioner on the beads or tape, as this can cause them to slip out.
3. Rinse it out with cool water once you’ve thoroughly conditioned your hair.
How to style your extensions
When styling your extensions, avoid using too much heat & styling tools, which can damage the hair. If you need to use a blow dryer, air dry for 30 minutes prior to giving it a good run through with a low warm setting and finish it with a cool setting.
To style your extensions, start by using a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair. Once your hair is free of knots, you can use your fingers or a paddle brush to style it as desired. If you need to use any products, make sure they are alcohol-free and will not cause your extensions to become greasy.
How to curl your extensions
You can use a curling iron if you want to add some curves to your extensions. However, make sure that the curling iron barrel is the same width as the strands of your extensions. This will prevent them from becoming damaged or tangled. Always use a protective creme or spray known to work well with extensions.
To curl your extensions:
1. Start by spraying them with a heat-protectant spray.
2. Wrap the hair around the barrel.
3. Hold the curling iron for a few seconds before releasing the strand.
4. Repeat this process until all of your hair is curled.
How to straighten your extensions
If you have loose curls or kinks in your extensions, you can easily straighten them out using a flat iron or by running a blowdryer and round brush through it to reactivate the memory of the hair. Just be sure to use a low heat setting, as too much heat can damage the hair.
Start by brushing your hair out and then dividing it into small sections. Take one area at a time and clip it out of the way.
Starting at the roots, slowly glide the flat iron down the hair shaft to the ends. Be sure to hold the flat iron in place for a few seconds before moving on to the next section.
Once you’ve straightened all of your hair, unclip the sections and brush it out again. You may need to use a little bit of hairspray to keep the hair in place.
How to take care of your extensions while you sleep
To prevent your extensions from getting tangled while you sleep, it’s essential to make sure they are adequately secured. You can do this by braiding your hair or wearing it in a low ponytail.
If you have long hair, you may want to consider sleeping with it in a bun. This will help keep the hair off your face and prevent it from getting tangled.
You can simply undo the braid or ponytail and brush out your hair in the morning. You may need to use a wide-tooth comb to detangle any knots that have formed overnight.
How to protect your extensions from the sun and heat
As the weather warms up, you’ll want to take extra care of your extensions to keep them looking their best. Here are a few tips:
– Avoid direct sunlight as much as possible. If you must be in the sun, wear a hat or scarf to protect your hair.
– Apply a leave-in conditioner or serum before going out in the sun. This will help to protect your hair and keep it hydrated.
– Rinse your extensions with cool water after swimming or sweating. This will help remove any chlorine or saltwater that may be damaging your hair.
– Use a heat protectant spray before using any hot styling tools. This will help to prevent your hair from becoming dry or brittle.
– Be sure to brush your extensions gently, using a wide-tooth comb or bristle brush. Harsh brushing can damage the hair and cause it to break.
How to dry extensions?
It is best to let your extensions air dry whenever possible. If you must use a blow dryer, set it on the relaxed setting and hold it about six inches away from your head. Be sure to move the blow dryer around to get evenly dried all of your hair. You may also want to use a diffuser to help reduce frizz.
How to store extensions?
When you’re not wearing your extensions, it’s best to store them in a hair extension pouch or a sealed container. This will help keep them from becoming tangled or matted. You can also use a little bit of conditioner to help keep them looking their best.
When ready to wear them again, brush your hair and put the extensions back in. Be sure to gently comb them into place to blend seamlessly with your natural hair.
Extensions are a great way to add length, volume, and style to your hair. With the proper care, they can last for months. Here are a few tips for styling your extensions:
– Curling: You can curl your extensions using a curling iron or hot rollers. Just be sure to use a low heat setting, as too much heat can damage the hair.
– Straightening: You can also straighten your extensions using a flat iron. Just be sure to use a low heat setting, as too much heat can damage the hair.
– Braid Style: You can create various braid styles using your extensions. French braids, fishtail braids, and Dutch braids are all popular options.
– Updo Style: You can also use your extensions to create various updo styles. Try a classic bun, a messy bun, or even braided pigtails.
Are extensions worth it?
Extensions are a great way to add length, volume, and style to your hair. With the proper care, they can last for months. They’re also a great way to try out new hairstyles without having to make any permanent changes to your natural hair. So, are extensions worth it? The answer is definitely yes!
READY TO GET YOUR HAIR EXTENSIONS IN THE Salon Eleven.
Salon Eleven is proud to offer the best hair extensions in the Hamptons. Our talented stylists can help you choose the right extensions for your hair type and style. We also offer a variety of hair extension services, including installation, removal, and maintenance.
If you’re interested in trying extensions, call Salon Eleven today. We’ll be happy to book an appointment for you!